Sunday 20 November 2011

Dussehra Celebrations might turn sour this year

My friend has come all the way from London to celebrate Dussehra and Diwali with us in India. He loves the way festivals are celebrated in India. The pomp and gaiety of festive celebrations in our country is known all over the world.

My friend asked me to visit a nearby Ramlila. I was a bit reluctant in going to Ramlila initially as there is a huge crowd over there but as he pushed me hard, I took him there. I was really surprised to find a lesser number of people over there. At first I thought that it is yet another cause of the latest Mall culture in Delhi where people prefer to go for shopping, watching movies, having dinner or just chilling out. Who has time to visit these crowded, noisy places like Ramlila? But then after looking at the tight Police security in the Ramlila ground, I realised what is the exact cause for this. The number of blasts that took place in different parts of [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment